Thanks for your question. Right now a lot of people share your concerns. The coronavirus is a virus. Symptoms can include: fever, cough, shortness of breath, and body aches. If you are having these symptoms, we recommend you call your healthcare provider to discuss the best next treatment steps.
While there is no vaccine for it currently, there are some things you can do to help lower your own and others’ risk of getting the coronavirus:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. It is important to wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoiding touching your face (including your eyes, nose, and mouth).
- Cough into your elbow (NOT your hands).
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
For the most up to date information on the coronavirus we recommend checking the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website (cdc.gov) and checking with your local health department.