On this page:
Please remember, nothing on this web site should be considered medical advice, which can only be given to you by your personal health care provider. Material provided by Young Men’s Health is intended as general information. It is not a recommendation for treatment, nor should it be considered medical advice. Young Men’s Health advises families to discuss all information and questions related to health care with a health care professional.
Young Men’s Health takes your online privacy very seriously. When you visit youngmensgealthsite.org, and click around the site, your privacy and anonymity are preserved. When you use one of our online forms to contact us, we do request some personal information from you, however, we will never share details of your personal information with another party, or use it beyond its original purpose as outlined below.
Our Online Forms
youngmenshealthsite.org has online forms for:
Contacting us with feedback about the site
Requesting permission to use our online materials
On these forms, we request that you submit personal information, such as: your name, your city & state, or your date of birth. Ways that we may use this information are, for example: to verify that our survey participants are 13 years or older, or to ensure that we have appropriate contact information from individuals or institutions who complete our online permissions request form. Below are more detailed descriptions of the kinds of information we may request from you, and how we use that information.
Our readers can contact us by mail, or with our online contact form to provide us with feedback about the web site. When possible, the staff of Young Men’s Health responds to these questions, and, once the correspondence is complete, we delete or archive the exchange, to preserve our readers’ privacy. We do, however, save these questions and answers, to use them in aggregate articles, such as “Frequently Asked Questions” pages, where we provide answers to our readers’ commonly asked questions.
Our web and email servers have typical privacy safeguards to ensure that your online forms and emails will not be viewed inappropriately. However, these servers, like most, are not 100% secure. If you wish to avoid even a remote chance of a breach of your online privacy, please do not send us correspondence via online form, or by email.
From time to time Young Men’s Health offers online surveys on youngmenshealthsite.org. The purpose of the surveys is to gather information about how our readers use the site, and what kind of improvements they would like to see. We do not share your survey information with any other party, nor do we use it for any other purpose than to improve our web site and web services.
Visitors to our site interested in using our online materials may contact us and request permission to do so. In the online permission request form you will be asked to provide specific information about your organization, your audience, and how you plan to use the materials. We collect this information to determine if we can grant you permission to use our materials. We do not share your information with any other party.
Children’s Online Safety
Teens and adults of all ages are welcome to read the materials posted here at youngmenshealthsite.org. We do not, however, allow children under the age of 13 to join our mailing lists, or participate in online surveys.
Links to Other Sites
youngmenshealthsite.org contains links to external web sites as a courtesy and such web sites are not related to, nor administered by Boston Children’s Hospital. The external links have been provided for educational purposes only and Boston Children’s Hospital is not endorsing these web sites or their owners or operators. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those web sites, to be aware of how your privacy is being safeguarded when you visit those sites.”
youngmenshealthsite.org does not host or receive funding from advertising or from the display of commercial content.
An IP address is an ID number generated for your computer when you go online. Young Men’s Health web site coordinators keep track of the IP addresses of visitors to our site. We use these addresses to learn about our readership, and to learn which of our web articles are most viewed, for how long, and in which countries. We do not share this information with any other party. We also do not associate your IP address with other information that you may provide to us in one of our online forms or quizzes. We will, however, provide IP address information that may personally identify you when required to do so by law.
Currently we are using Google Analytics to analyze the audience of the website and improve our content. No personal information is collected from Google Analytics. Google also publishes detailed privacy policies for Google Analytics.
Young Men’s Health does not share any of your personal information with third parties except as anonymous aggregate information to illustrate site usage to prospective donors, grantors, and journalists.
Questions or Concerns
Young Men’s Health
333 Longwood Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02115
- Children’s grants you a limited right to use the Site.Unauthorized individuals, institutions and other entities may not act on behalf of Children’s, use its property or solicit contributions without express authorization from Children’s. You many not violate or attempt to violate the security of the Site. You may not decompose, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise deconstruct all or any portion of the Site. It is Children’s policy to comply with all applicable laws and regulations as they may be modified from time to time. In the event that any provision of this User Agreement may be in conflict with any applicable law or regulation, the applicable law or regulation will supersede the conflicting provision.
This User Agreement and your use of this Site are and shall be governed and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to its rules concerning conflict of laws. In the event of any conflict between foreign laws, rules and regulations and those of the United States, the laws, rules and regulations of the United States shall govern.
Should you have any questions concerning the Young Men’s Health Site, please contact us at:
Young Men’s Health
333 Longwood Avenue, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02115
- You will be bound by revised versions of this User Agreement that Children’s posts on the Site.Modifications of this User Agreement will be effective immediately upon posting unless we indicate otherwise. Your use of the Site indicates your full acceptance of this User Agreement in its then-current form each time you use the Site.
- The Content may not be available for use outside of the United States.Children’s makes no representation that any Content is appropriate or available for use outside the United States, its territories, possessions and protectorates. If you choose to access the Site from other locations, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk. You are responsible for complying with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You specifically agree to comply with all applicable laws concerning the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country you reside in.
- The Site is owned by Children’s, its affiliates and/or third parties.Children’s owns and operates the Site and the Content provided to you via the Site. All Content contained in the Site is the property of Children’s, its licensors or its content contributors, and is protected by U.S. and international copyright and trademark laws. The compilation (meaning the collection, arrangement and assembly) of all Content on the Site is the exclusive property of Children’s and is protected by U.S. and international copyright laws.
The Content on the Site may be used for your personal information or for distribution for educational purposes in a classroom, clinical setting or health fair. Printed Content from the Site must include each document in its entirety, including the original header, footer, logos, and copyright information. No modification may be made to the Content. The Content may not in any way be abstracted, reproduced or translated, regardless of whether or not all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices are included in each such use. No portion of the Site or the Content may be sold or otherwise used or distributed in conjunction with any commercial purpose, unless expressly permitted in writing by Children’s. Systematic retrieval of Content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory is strictly prohibited without prior written permission from Children’s.
If you wish to use the Content in any manner other than as set forth above, you must request such use in writing by completing and submitting the Permission Request Form. You should expect that we will respond within 21 days to your request.
If you wish to cite the Content from the Site, you must cite it correctly, including the following:
Web address (*URL)
Author: YMH Staff, Boston Children’s Hospital or CYWH and YMH Staff, Boston Children’s Hospital
Reviewers, if applicable
Publisher: Young Men’s Health Site, Boston Children’s Hospital
Young Men’s Health and Young Men’s Health Site are trademarks of Children’s.
All other trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos appearing on the Site are the property of their respective owners.
- Children’s is not liable for any actions taken in reliance of the Content on the Site.The Content on this Site is educational in nature and intended solely as general health information. It is not a recommendation for treatment or medical advice. It is not a substitute for advice from your health care provider. If you are experiencing a medical emergency, contact your health care provider or an emergency room. To the extent permissible under applicable laws, no responsibility is assumed for any injury and/or damage to persons or property as a matter of products liability, negligence or otherwise, or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, methods, products or procedures contained in the Site. IN NO EVENT WILL CHILDREN’S, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DECISION MADE OR ACTION TAKEN BY YOU IN RELIANCE ON SUCH CONTENT. The additional disclaimers included in the various publications available via the Site are hereby incorporated by reference.
- Children’s is not responsible for any technological problems or any impact that they may have.All or any portion of the Site may not be available and may not function properly at any time. We make reasonable efforts to avoid technological problems, but at any time the Site may have and may cause technological problems such as viruses and other damaging computer programming routines or engines. We take reasonable security precautions when using the internet, telephone or other means to transport data or other communications, but we disclaim liability for any interception of data or communications. We make reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is secure but we do not guarantee the security of the Site. Children’s is not liable for any damage or injury caused by the performance or failure of performance of all or any portion of the Site. Children’s is not liable for any defects, delays or errors in or resulting from your use of the Site.
- Children’s is not responsible for information on any third-party web site that is referred in, or accessible or connected by hyperlink to, the Site.The provision via the Site of links and referrals to other web sites, publications or information resources does not constitute the endorsement of those web sites or resources by Children’s, Center for Young Women’s Health, its agents or representatives. Children’s makes no representations or claims as to the quality, content and accuracy of the information, services or products which may be provided by such resources, and specifically disclaims any warranties, including but not limited to, the implied or express warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular usage, application or purpose.
You may link to the Site solely for noncommercial purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Children’s and Young Men’s Health reserve the right to prohibit any entity from linking to its web site.
- Children’s disclaims all warranties with respect to the Site that the law allows it to disclaim.THE UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION OF THE CONTENT OF THIS WEB SITE IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. CHILDREN’S, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS AND REPRESENTATIVES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, OR DAMAGES WHICH MAY ARISE ON ACCOUNT OF THE UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION OF THIS WEB SITE.
THE SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. CHILDREN’S DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF ANY KIND WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THE SITE INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. WITHOUT LIMITING OUR GENERAL DISCLAIMER, WE DO NOT WARRANT THE AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, TIMELINESS, FUNCTIONALITY, RELIABILITY, SEQUENCING OR SPEED OF DELIVERY OF THE SITE OR ANY PART OF THE CONTENT.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL CHILDREN’S, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUBCONTRACTORS, AGENTS, LICENSORS OR REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR ANY LOSS OR INJURY, CAUSED IN WHOLE OR PART BY ITS NEGLIGENCE OR CONTINGENCIES BEYOND ITS CONTROL IN PROCURING, COMPILING, INTERPRETING, REPORTING OR DELIVERING INFORMATION THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (EVEN IF CHILDREN’S HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES). BECAUSE SOME STATES AND JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY AND ALL DAMAGES OR INJURY, INCLUDING THOSE CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT, DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF OR USE OF ANY ASSET, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION.
- You will be responsible for any liability to the Young Men’s Health Site and/or Children’s that arises out of your breach of this User Agreement or your use of this Site.You hereby agree to indemnify, defend and hold Young Men’s Health, Children’s and its affiliates and subcontractors, and their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors and representatives, harmless from and against any and all suits, liability, losses, damages, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) that arise from or relate to:
- your use of the Site;
- your breach of your obligations under this User Agreement or any representation, warranty or covenant made by you in this User Agreement;
- your violation of any applicable law, statute, ordinance, regulation or of any third-party’s rights; or
- claims asserted by third parties which, if proven, would place you in breach of the representations, warranties, covenants or other provisions contained in this User Agreement.
Legal terms date of last revision: November 2011