I can’t sleep because I started having this itching and burning feeling on my testicles and sometimes my penis. It makes it pretty hard for me to sleep. Help!

Thanks for your question. When there’s an itching and burning sensation by the testicles and penis it’s a good time to see your health care provider. These symptoms may suggest a fungal skin infection called tinea cruris, or jock itch. They may also suggest a possible sexually transmitted infection. Your health care provider will likely perform a genital exam and may send tests for sexually transmitted infections. They can then prescribe medicine to help treat your symptoms.

Here’s a tip on how to bring it up to your health care provider: “I have some itching and burning by my testicles. Is there any medicine that can help?”​