Thanks for your question. There are lots of things can affect sleep including loud noises, bright lights, stress, and recent physical activity. Some people also can have a tough time falling asleep. Here are some tips:
- Try to go to bed and wake up at approximately the same time every day. This includes weekends. It is okay to sleep in on weekends, though try not to sleep more than 2 hours later than your normal wake up time.
- Avoid electronics before bedtime. Ideally, you should not use electronics for 2 hours before bed, but even 1 hour can make a difference. If you have a cell phone make sure to put it on silent.
- Make a bedtime routine. This can include showering, brushing your teeth, listening to relaxing music, and reading a book.
- Melatonin can be helpful for sleep. Before using you should check with your healthcare provider to make sure it’s safe for you to take.
- If these tips don’t help, contact your healthcare provider to discuss your sleep. They may be able to prescribe another medicine or offer other treatments that will be helpful for sleep.