Thanks for your question! It sounds like you’ve had a skin reaction from shaving, which is very common. The area around your genitals is very sensitive which may explain why you developed a rash and “pus-filled” bumps which are now turning into scabs. Below are some things you can do to relieve your discomfort. Most of the time, if you follow the instructions below, the irritation will go away within a week.
- Stop shaving for a while
- Do NOT squeeze pimples or pick at scabs
- Soak in a warm tub or take a shower and let the warm water spray your pubic area
- Pat the skin (don’t rub) with a soft towel
- Apply lotion (fragrance-free)
You should see your health care provider (HCP) if:
- They are bigger than your usual pimples
- They are painful
- The are around the pimple is also red
- They do NOT get better within or a few days or are getting worse
There is no health benefit to shaving pubic hair; however if you choose to remove your pubic hair, you can learn how to do it safely. Click on the link below to find out how.