I think that I am depressed and I told my best friend, but I don’t know who else or how I should tell someone, or even what to do. Please help!!

depressed-sqIf you think you’re depressed, it can be helpful to talk to a friend, but it’s also very important to talk with a parent or an adult with whom you feel comfortable. If you don’t feel comfortable telling an adult that you are depressed on your own, you might ask a friend to be with you when you talk with someone, or help you find someone trustworthy.

Adults you might feel comfortable talking to about being depressed:

  • Parent, guardian, or other adult relative
  • Doctor or health care provider
  • Teacher or coach
  • Guidance counselor
  • Minister, priest, rabbi, or other clergy person

Any of these adults should be able to help you begin treatment with someone who works with depressed teens. If you tell one of these people and they are not able to get you help, tell someone else.