Hello, I have two issues. I have phimosis, which I am not confused about. My other issue is that the interior of my foreskin in some areas is fused to my glans on the side of head. How do I go about separating the skin?

Thanks for your question. Phimosis is when the foreskin does not retract completely. In other words, the foreskin cannot be gently pulled back to the base of the penis. Over time this can get worse and can lead to problems such as penile pain, pain with erections, problems peeing, and problems ejaculating. The most common way to treat this is with a specific steroid cream that you apply to your penis and foreskin twice a day for a few weeks to months. The cream requires a prescription, so we recommend setting up an appointment with your health care provider.
To help prevent phimosis in the future it’s important to gently retract your foreskin each time you shower. You can then clean the area with warm water.
Here’s a tip on how to bring it up to your health care provider: “My foreskin is getting stuck. Can I please get a medicine to help?”​